woensdag 4 juli 2007

Startermotor out&in


On monday my new LaRo friend Marius helped me out with the removal of the 'faulty' startermotor. This beast is a big as a biscuit-can and weights over 12 kgs. Of course it was not an easy job since the exhaust pipe had to be disconnected. Rust rests so we had to drill one of the screws out. After 2,5 hours of hard work the beast was tamed.
It has been revised and overhauled; the relay has been replaced. ' Unfortunately' the startermotor was running fine so the cause of not starting should be the two big batteries which seemed perfectly OK. New batt's will solve my problems. The Camel should run Friday smoothly again! I build the startermotor in all by myself so I learned at least something from this exercise!
On the photo; Marius and the Beast

Geen opmerkingen: